Public Information Days (June 2018)
A series of Public Information Days took place during 26 – 29 June, 2018 at at various locations along the onshore cable route, and also at areas neighbouring the site of the new onshore substation and at the point of landfall. Separate sessions focussed on the onshore substation, onshore cable route and the landfall.
The sessions took place at the following venues:
INFORMATION DAYS relating to the onshore Substation:
- 26th June 2018 14:30 – 19:00 – Bicker Village Hall, Cemetery Road, Bicker, Boston, Lincolnshire, PE20 3BT
- 28th June 2018 14:30 – 19:00 – Swineshead Village Hall, North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincolnshire, PE20 3NA.
INFORMATION DAYS regarding the onshore cable route inc. landfall
- 26th June 2018 14:30 – 19:00 – Irby & Bratoft Village Hall, Brambleberry Lane, Irby in the Marsh, Lincolnshire, PE24 5DQ
- 27th June 2018 14:30 – 19:00 – Anderby Village Hall, Sea Road, Anderby, Skegness, Lincolnshire, PE24 5YB – Landfall
- 28th June 2018 14:30 – 19:00 – Frithville Village Hall, Church Corner, Frithville, Boston, Lincolnshire, PE22 7EX
- 29th June 2018 14:30 – 19:00 – Hogsthorpe Village Hall, Thames Street, Hogsthorpe, Skegness, Lincolnshire, PE24 5PT.
Each Public Information Day session contained details on the following:
- The work being undertaken
- Project time frames
- Working hours
- Traffic management and access
- Site Security
- Staying in touch with the project.
Members of the project team and representatives from our contractors J Murphy & Sons and Siemens Transmission and Distribution Ltd, both carrying out the onshore construction works, were able to answer questions directly.
There was also plenty of information available, including detailed maps, management plans plus information to review and take away.
The sessions were structured to ensure that relevant information is available in each local area.
There was no need to pre-register to attend these events.